A picture says more than...Merry Christmas, Africa from the German ministry of development

Merry Christmas, Africa!


German minister for development cooperation Dirk Niebel wishes every giraffe and roundhouse happy holidays Christmas in this official newspaper ad from December 2012 (not 1962...).
This really says a lot about the current leadership of the Bonn-based ministry and potentially also about their communications team and their expectations of the German, printed newspaper reading public...
We have already achieved a lot. With your help we can even do more.
Maybe rethinking communications and images/stereotypes of Africa could be one of those achievements in the future...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Links I Liked 501-Why I am taking a break from my weekly #globaldev content curation

Should I consider a PhD in International Development Studies?

Links & Contents I Liked 500

Dear white middle class British women: Please don't send used bras (or anything, really) to Africa

Links & Contents I Liked 499