A picture says more than...what the UN looks like


Sometimes there are these rare moments when the anthropologist in me gets really excited. A friend of mine who works for the UN in Kenya allowed me to share this fantastic artefact, a picture taken at the end of the visit of three senior UN officials, WFP's Josette Sheeran, UN Women's Michelle Bachelet and UN High Commissioner for Refugees António Guterres to the ‘world’s largest refugee camp’ in Dadaab.
It’s global multiculturalism in a nutshell; if somebody asks me ‘what does it look like to work for the UN?’ I will say ‘just like this’:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Links I Liked 501-Why I am taking a break from my weekly #globaldev content curation

Should I consider a PhD in International Development Studies?

Links & Contents I Liked 500

Dear white middle class British women: Please don't send used bras (or anything, really) to Africa

Links & Contents I Liked 499